Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fresh Cous Cous Salad!


So, its the new year and everyone's resolutions are in full swing. I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't one of those who decided to start the year 2012 on a health kick...so far we are on day eleven and lets just say that I have not done justice to that decision! I just can't help it with all the lovely food; cakes, biscuits, greek food, chocolate {oh my Lord their is SO MUCH CHOCOLATE!!!}, wine, champagne, and countless goodies! So, I did start yesterday on a good note {until I hit the bakery and found some amazing finger buns *winning!*}....anyway, I had the plan, just didn't stick to it, but today is a new day and it can also be for YOU. This recipe is going to please, the fresh punch of flavours is just to die for and you will want to eat this for lunch or dinner every. single. day...and the best thing is that you can mix it up a little to your liking.... so here it is....


Ingredients

1 cup Cous Cous ( I used normal and pearl cous cous mixed together)
boiling water (or chicken stock)
the juice of half a lemon
olive oil
bunch fresh mint
bunch fresh coriander
red onion (I did not have one but it would be yumo so add it in yours)
one cucumber
two tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste


Method

Place Cous Cous in a clean, fresh bowl


Cover with boiling water, or stock until all submerged, add a splash of olive oil and leave for about ten minutes. When liquid is absorbed, mix it with a fork to separate the grains. Cool.


Chop up the fresh mint and coriander. At this moment the smell of the herbs will leave you feeling all summery and wanting to eat healthy. Its really that good.


Chop up the red onion, if you have one (I didn't) and cucumber and tomatoes in a rustic fashion...


Put the chopped ingredients int the bowl with the Cous Cous and add a squeeze of half a lemon.....YUM


mix all the ingredients together until combined


Season with some salt and pepper and place into a bowl and devour!



Here's to you on your summery adventure!

Nic xxxx





1 comment: