Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Finish lines



     Photo: mine


So much in life involves fear of finishing.

There has been many a thing that I haven't started due to the fear of not completing the task. This all starts way back when I did actually struggle with finishing things due to a complete and utter onset of mental exhaustion brought on by my HSC.

That, I finished, and with a remarkable 90.20% TER mark. 

Everything else after that....big, fat, incomplete.

I wander at what point I lost my confidence in myself and my abilities. 

I have tried to pinpoint just where I went so wrong, but I can't figure it out. 

In the last few weeks this marathon training has played with my mind. I want to finish. I want to do it, but I just don't know if I can.

So much time required. So much energy and so much of myself that I am not sure I have to give.

The thing is that I am not sure that I am prepared to back out now, given Im six weeks in to sixteen weeks of training. 

I want to enjoy this journey, but so much doubts my mind. Why is confidence in oneself so easily stripped away? 

Believe in yourself. Don't let fear overtake your desires.


No comments:

Post a Comment