Saturday, June 29, 2013

Rain, rain, go away.....

      image from http://4hdwallpapers.com/paper-boats-rain.html


Dearest rain,

Seriously. Are we onto our 7th day of rain here or what?! I mean really. I think I {and my washing situation} have seriously hit our limit. Please make it stop already

Don't get me wrong, I love a good soaking of rain, especially where it is needed. The problem is that it is NOT in any way, shape or form needed around these parts and it is starting to dampen my mood!

It did not, however stop me from achieving my goal of 16kms this morning with my friend. Rain jackets and all we went and the first few kilometres saw just a drizzle. Hitting about 12k was the turning point with a torrential downpour that saw us not even stopping to try to dodge the puddles on the pavement anymore!

It was so funny. We just laughed and enjoyed every. single. minute. 

Do you know that when you are inside and it's raining outside you don't even notice the beauty of the rain? I mean today was just gorgeous. You could see every drop before your eyes and it felt like crisp diamonds on your skin. It was something.

Im sure passes by in their warm, dry cars thought we were indeed something too, running in a torrential downpour in a raincoat for an obscene distance, but it really was lovely. Running in the rain.

But come on, the running thing aside, please go away rain. It is school holidays now and you are not welcome!!!

I have beds that need to be stripped and a yard that needs some serious attention thanks to your onslaught! 

I think if you head about 500km west you just may hit the jackpot.

Sincerely

Nicole.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I hear you Nicole! Perhaps that's what has me down and out at the moment. Bring on the sunshine! I admire you running in weather like this though.

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete