Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Thai Chicken Dinner


For this household the next two weeks is a testing ground. I am determined to try out some new recipes and get us out of the 'eating the same old thing' rut that we seem to have done week in, week out for the last few months. 

I am really craving some serious soul food and I really want my kids to try and be a little bit adventurous with the food that we are eating. Im sick of boring bland meals and its time to spice it up.

Tonight I grabbed the chicken mince I got from woolies and seriously looked at what I had in the cupboard. I had grabbed some spring onions and coriander with the hope of cooking some chicken soup for school lunches, but in the end they came in handy for this dinner.

This is what we came up with and it tasted amazing:

Ingredients
500g chicken mince
rice bran oil
oyster sauce
one red chilli chopped
coriander chopped
spring onion chopped
garlic
rice to serve

Method

Chop up all of your fresh herbs and chilli on a board. 




In a hot wok or pan add a few tablespoons of the oil and fry up the garlic and the chilli for a few minutes. 


Add the chicken and the spring onion and coriander. Cook until the chicken is cooked through. Add a few tablespoons of oyster sauce and stir, cooking thoroughly.


Serve on a bed of rice or in a lettuce leaf if your watching your waistline!


enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment