Monday, August 13, 2012

Dutch Pancakes {Poffertjes}



You guys are going to love this recipe. It is so easy and best of all you can buy one of these dutch pancake maker for under $20! I got mine at Aldi a while ago, but I have seen them at Kmart for about $12 too, which is what I paid for mine, so go and get yourself one. Its a great investment.

This is the kind of recipe that you can whip up for breaky or even afternoon tea for the kids, which is what I did today. The kids love to get involved and make their pancakes and watch them bubble and cook.

Ingredients
{recipe from bestrecipes.com.au}

2 cups self raising flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 cup milk
pinch of salt
1/2 cup water
3 eggs
maple syrup, icing sugar and vanilla icecream to serve



Method

So basically, sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar and salt


Add the eggs, milk and water and whisk. 


You can use an electric mixer, but I did it by hand which is fun for the kids too


preheat your pan and add the mixture, being careful not to over-fill which I did with the first batch and they all ran all over the place!. Here they look much better, this is the look you want...!


Let the mixture bubble on top and then using a spoon, stick into an edge and gently lift and turn over to cook on the other side


When golden and cooked, serve with icing sugar, lashings of maple syrup and icecream.....

YUM YUM YUM



What better pancakes could you ask for? Little puffs of goodness!


2 comments:

  1. Hello I found your blog this afternoon, I'm putting this recipe in my to do list, but first will have to buy one of these baking tins. I notice you have a booklet from Panania Public school, I used to own Friendly Faces childcare on Bransgrove Road, and know lots of families in the area. I still have Friendly Faces in Padstow...It's fun to make connections with people in your community. I blog about my children's fashion design, my retro beach house all the other little things that make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I had a little look at your blog and it is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by! Yes my kids go to panania school, they love it there x

    ReplyDelete