Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Be still

I find it hard to be still. Ever. To really be still and listen. To reflect. To be. My mind races and races and thoughts go in and out in and out. I don't take the time to listen to what God is telling me. Hey, I don't even take the time to call on him and ask him stuff most of the time.

I'm so self consumed. To busy to stop and rest. To busy with doing life.

Even if my life was to stop I think my soul couldn't. I'm just that bad at being still.

This weekend I went on a spiritual retreat. To be honest I thought it was a retreat; you know the ones where you retreat away from the screaming kids and drink coffee, eat chocolate and dive head first into the latest home magazines?! Yes that.

No.

This retreat was nothing like I have ever been on. We had to be still. Talk to God. Ask him for stuff, listen to him and just be with him. I found it hard. To be still, to ask and to listen. It was a lovely time. I learnt alot about myself, but there are so many distractions even with this amazing view...

So much of life just getting in the way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment