Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday drive

Life is hectic. This week I found myself craving a Sunday drive, like we used to do when we were kids. Pack the family in the car and off you go exploring. I knew where I wanted to go. The southern highlands.

We took the back roads, driving east of Mittagong, through burrawang, to Belmore Falls then on to Robertson where we stopped at the cheese factory and old wares store. Then we hopped back in the car on to Carrington falls, did a bit of a walk and then took another lovely drive to Fitzroy falls for another wander. The kids loved being back to nature and so did we. Precious time as a family and memories to remember. Time and space to just be and share eachother. It was my favourite day for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. We went to Fitzroy Falls today! We've been living down here since December and only today made the trip to the falls. Beautiful, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous isn't it?! Where are you living ? I wish I lived closer to there!!!

    ReplyDelete