Thursday, May 10, 2012

Second hand beauties

I love second hand stuff, especially vintage finds and I love love love revamping furniture that I find! So I thought I would share some of my things with you and where they are from.

I find things on ebay, on the side of the road or in vintage shops and you can too!....

So I got this desk off the side of the road. It once was a honey colour and I wacked a walnut stain on it and paired it with this old chair for the girls room. When the room is renovated it will be nicer looking in there but for now it serves its purpose and I think its lovely...


This cupboard once belonged to my grandfather and my dad gave it to me when I got married for some storage as my house has next to none. It is in my kitchen and it is full of all of my crockery. I love it and it is so knocked about and rustic and it reminds me of my grandparents. I will never get rid of it. Ever.

This vintage singer sewing table was an on the side of the road find and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw it! It HAD to be mine, and bonus when I talked to the old guy wheeling it out the front he told me that it was free!. It was his late wifes, and he could no longer use it. He even offered to drive it around the corner to our house as it is super dooper heavy, made of cast iron and wood. It is in original condition apart from the painted wood, and even has the hand-painted sewing machine inside with a dated plate that says June 1910 on it. I think it was an amazing find and one day I will strip back the old brown paint that they painted it with to its original wood....

 

This old stained glass cupboard sits in my dining room. It is full of my wine glasses, vases, jugs and teacups. It once was the property of a prominent sydney school where it housed medicine in the office!. We are now the proud owners.....


This cupboard was another on the side of the road find and was once a honey colour. I stripped her back and gave her a lick of white paint. She is in my bedroom at present with the tv on top and full of junk.....yep......


This white cupboard is one of my favourites. It sits in my dining room and was once my grandfathers. It is made of old packing crates. It is so vintage and rustic and I love this piece. It is full of books and the kids colouring things. Just beautiful.


This is my dining table. It was an ebay find for $100. It seats about 8-10 and is great. I plan to stain it a dark walnut colour when I get the time. The chairs came off the side of the road and I stained the base walnut and painted the rest of them white. Some match, some don't and that is just the eclectic way I like things!


I also have another old dining table similar to this with white legs that is outside covered in building material so I couldn't take a picture of that but it is a keeper also!

This has to be one of my favourite things in my house. It is a pot rack that my dad made me from an old ladder when I got married to house all of the pots that my kitchen lacked the storage to house. It even has my wedding flowers still hanging from it. I just love it and it never fails to get compliments when visitors come calling....
I love you oh pot rack!....


This is my newest piece. It is a desk that folds out from the top. It has a drawer to house all of the necessary things and all of my home magazines sit nicely underneath. I bought it on a facebook garage sale site for $40 and it was bright pink. I changed it to white and it looks great. 


So there you have it. Most of that furniture makes up my house believe it or not! What kind of vintage furniture do you own? My next purchase has to be a chair for next to my fire......

No comments:

Post a Comment