Saturday, May 12, 2012

Crochet washers with pattern just for you!


Today's little project came about because of mothers day tomorrow. You know how when you were a little girl {or boy} you would go the mothers day stall to get something for your mum? Well I had already got my mum and mother in law a gift, but I wanted something 'stall-worthy' to give and so, I thought of crocheting some washers a gift to give along with the gift I already had wrapped up.


These were so quick to make and I used cotton mixed with acrylic for a durable washable finish and I think that they turned out great.


You could use them as washers, OR you could actually use them as heat mats or hand mats for your oven. I reckon they are pretty multi-purposeful!. I even added a little hook on one corner so they can be hung up in the shower or kitchen.


So here is the pattern if you want to give them a go yourself!....

Using a size 4 hook, chain 30 {or however big you want your washer to be}.
turn and chain 3 {this will give you the height of your row}. 
Skipping the first stitch double crochet along your row working into the back of every stitch to give it a nice ridge to the end of the row.
Turn and chain 3 and continue along every row until you have an even square.
Finish off with two rows of single crochet around the edges.
When you come to the final corner chain 10 and then join to your first chain and tie and cut off. Sew in your ends and wallah! Your very own washer come anything you please.....

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment