Thursday, April 12, 2012

For the love of music

Does music touch you? Does it do something inside you that makes you want to cry, laugh, sing, tap your feet, dance or just lose control? If the answer is no I think you better check if your alive or not!

My daughter's favourite thing is to put her iPod on loudly and listen to Adele. Yes, she loves her "rolling in the deep". So do I....

I can't go for my run unless I have music. I just can't keep the pace.

Music is a gift.

When my grandparents were dying my father took in their favourite music. It calmed them, gave them a sense of reassurance and gave my family a lasting final memory of spending that special time together. I remember singing to them, that was my way of showing my love to them on those final days when I couldn't find the words to say....

A friend put up this video on Facebook this morning and I found it amazing and moving. This is the meaning of music.

There is love behind the music.

2 comments:

  1. Music is SO powerful, I agree. I couldn't live without it! (I had a bit of trouble with the link? - I really want to hear what it is you want us to hear...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I tried to fix the link. I was posting from my phone. Its the man in the nursing home :) Hope you enjoy!

      Delete