Saturday, January 28, 2012

A craft experiment when the first experiment fails.



I love a challenge and I love my new found love of crochet. I was attempting to make a blanket for a friend of mine's baby but it was just taking WAY to long and they were going to come over this afternoon for us to have a sneak peak and I went into all fluster mode as my gift was far from ready...so I thought I would have a go at making a crochet boy's cap. I had no pattern, just did some guessing and I am really really happy how it turned out. I think I will start making more of these for others that are interested. It was really not that hard..just a bit of maths and wallah! A gorgeous hat for a gorgeous newborn. Message me if you are interested!



Now, I know that my prop is a doll as the baby did not come afterall, and so, I didn't get to photograph the hat on said baby, but you get the general idea. It is bigger than the dolls head (as babies heads are) but I managed to make it look like it fits it perfectly. I AM IN LOVE with this hat. I think ill make some for the girls in different colours too.....noice!

No comments:

Post a Comment