Monday, October 17, 2011

Wishes do come true


I have been thinking alot about this lately. What did you wish for when you were a little kid? You know, when you blew out your candles and didn't cut the cake all the way through? did you tell your wish to those around you? I am sure that I didn't wish to have the struggles that I have now, but to have a carefree life with all the bells and whistles. Must have cut the cake all the way through! :(

I think it takes a bit of perspective.
we can all wish. we can all dream. they can all come true or they wont. 
The magic is in the wish itself. I find myself wishing for things that surprise me these days. 
I wish that my daughter would write better. I wish that they would find an answer to her condition, I wish that there was a magic therapy for my friends children. I wish that Liam would walk. I wish that my grandparents didn't die. I wish that my friends Son didn't die at age 4. I wish that I didn't get termites in my house. I wish for a job. I wish for a deeper relationship with God. I wish for genuine friends. I wish for patience. Love. quiet.
 I wish for sooooo much.

Its what I do with the wishes that don't come true that really matter. Do I sit in sorry or do I carry on to see the light of day? Carrying on is a better option but the gloom sometimes overwhealms. Clutch on to God and ask him to surround you with his love and comfort. 
Thats all he wishes for.

No comments:

Post a Comment