Saturday, March 1, 2014

Date and Coconut Bliss Balls


There is one thing I love about being a runner. All the food that I am able to eat.

No, seriously, the good thing is that I can treat myself from time to time, but really I do like to still try to keep it healthy. This recipe is just that. Healthy, but still a good sugar hit when I need it. These bliss balls are great right before a run, or during a run, but they are full of natural and healthy ingredients. No nasties. Even the kids love them. They think they are chocolate balls and boy do I have them fooled!

The other good thing is that they take next to no time to make, and you can mix up the ingredients if you want to make them a bit different, so you could add in nuts, or other dried fruit. Its really up to you. 

This is the recipe I use.....

1 packet dried dates
1 cup desiccated coconut
drizzle of honey
dash of vanilla

Mix all of the above ingredients in your food processor until it all comes together. Roll the mixture into balls and roll in coconut. 

Its that simple.

Sometimes I add some nuts like cashews or almonds. Thats good too. 

See what works for you. 

One thing is for sure. They won't last long as they are too yummy to have just one!

3 comments: