Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Drawing to a close

  

Its time to pause. Almost. Time to take some breathers. This year feels like it has flown past so fast. It has flashed by and I can't believe it is over. I want to hold onto it for just a little bit in one way and I want to see it gone in others. 

When I look back over the year I see the mayhem and madness that was 2013. The endless training for my marathon, the stress of starting our own business, the holidays to Hong Kong and Queensland, the successes of my children, the challenge of working and being a mum. So many things. 

I must say that I am proud of what I have achieved this year and have many more things planned for 2014. 

Tomorrow marks the day that my firstborn will leave the comforts of primary school and embark on a new era of high school. I, for one am terrified. I can't believe that this is going to happen. It only feels like yesterday I was changing his nappy and now he is going to HIGHSCHOOL. How did this happen? And how did I miss it? I find myself in tears and totally not coping with what is going on. I want to do it all again and take in every moment because I don't want to lose his innocence and be faced with a teenager, I really don't. 

Don't you find that this year Christmas just seems crazy and out of control? Or is it just me? I feel completely overwhelmed. Maybe its the fact that I am not organised and normally I am, or the fact that I feel like our bank account is depleting more than we can fill it at the moment, I don't know, but its got me unsettled and I can't wait for it all to be over, however I will try and savour this one as its probably the last one my firstborn will be interested in like little kids are!

Have you been baking? I haven't baked for ages. Normally I have everything cooking, like this amazing biscotti, or gingerbread houses or fudge or even some rocky road, but no. All I have done is some gingerbread biscuits for the party day at the kids school and a few for the teachers. Crazy I tell you!

The good thing is that the tree is up, house is decorated, but our icicle lights can't be found anywhere! I am slowly trying to get into the spirit and once the school thing is over and we are on holidays I think I can breathe and allow it to all sink in. 

Let it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment