Thursday, November 14, 2013

Getaway....

It's been 12 months since we were here last. 12 months since we rested and reflected. 12 months since hubby lost his job and our lives became living in the moment and being blessed for every little thing, not taking for granted security or promises.


This holiday was much needed. To reflect on the year that had whizzed past us. One that is about to draw to a close that has seen us embark on a new adventure and one that has yet to end an era of primary school for our firstborn. 


Reflection can be a lovely thing. As I run along the coast I can't help but be filled with thankfulness for how we have been provided for. We are clothed, fed, happy, and all our needs are met. We welcome each new day with a peaceful dawn and smile at sundown after our day is done. 


I watch in awe as my little babies {I'm still allowed to call them that} take to surfboards in waves that even I am afraid to enter. Living full lives, not afraid of what's coming, trusting their father to keep them safe.


I want to move ahead with the same faith. The same trust. I want to trust that every step we take is in the direction intended and live boldly and uninhibited. 


Reflect and be grateful. 

Live and be filled.

3 comments: