Monday, October 21, 2013

Now is the time.


Oh my poor neglected blog. Im so sorry its taken me so long to give you some time! Things have been super dooper crazy around here and there just seems to be NO TIME anymore. Do you agree? Do you feel like the hours just get swallowed up?

Since the marathon that was I have struggled to get back on the wagon. Its like the goal was won and then I just stopped wanting something so badly. I felt almost lost even. I can't even describe how I feel. What I do know is that I want more of these moments, so I signed up for the PT again at the gym I used to go to pre marathon training. I will only be doing two classes a week there and the rest of the time I am going to focus on my running and getting more speed.

This weekend I am running my second half marathon. There will be no records most likely as I am far from trained up and to be honest, far from keen to even run on the day. I will go and I will run because I said I would and I don't go back on my promises. I will run the way I feel on the day and I will finish. That will make two halves and one full marathon medal on my mirror in my bedroom. All in a year and a half.

I started a facebook group for mums that run this month called Running mums Australia. So far we have about 100 members and it is an amazing place to inspire and encourage each other. If your a mum and you love to run, please come and join us here.

Next year brings promise of another one or two or maybe even three marathons if I can bring my mind to the party. So what does this mean for me. It means that I have to start watching what Im eating and how I am exercising. What works for you? For me its balanced. I love a good breakfast of cereal or eggs or yogurt and fruit and coffee and toast. I always snack in the day, wether its fruit or just some rice crackers, a smoothie or some nuts. Something must be consumed or I feel my sugars drop so much that I want to fall asleep! For dinner mostly we have meat and veg or meat and salad of some description.

What is it that you want to achieve in the next six months? How are  you going to do it?

I think its going to be a busy, yet rewarding time ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I want to achieve my first HM , I will celebrate the finishing line because the finishing time doesn't matter too much to me.

    ReplyDelete