Thursday, August 22, 2013

Strawberry Frangipane pastries - yes, you can make these.


There has been so much going on around here that this blog has totally been neglected and for that I apologise. I finally found some time in my day to make something yummy and so I made these amazing tarts that I was happy about as I had just brought some strawberries on sale and how great are they tasting at the moment? Reminds me of summer, except that it is still FREEZING outside.

Things on the marathon preparation front are going okay. Little setbacks all the time followed by gains, then setbacks. It happens when you are running 30+miles most weeks and my legs will thank me when this is over that is for sure.

I am going to get tortured tomorrow by my remedial therapist who is going to work those calves until they jiggle. At the moment they are so tight I fear that they could snap!

So grab yourself a cuppa and make these gorgeous pastries. They really are SO simple.

Ingredients

puff pastry sheets cut into four squares
egg to wash
strawberries, hulled and cut into slices

for the frangipane 
1/2 cup ground almond meal
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
granulated sugar to sprinkle

Method

Cut your pastry into four squares. Cut up your strawberries.
In a food processor process all of the ingredients for the frangipane. If you don't have a processor you could blend it in a blender or use a hand mixer until combined well. 
When combined put a tablespoon of the mixture on the pastry square and smooth around a little. Top with the strawberries and fold two of the corners in so that they overlap. 
Brush the pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with granulated sugar.

Bake at 180 deg until golden.

I hope that you enjoy these. They are really quick and easy and taste amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment