Saturday, August 31, 2013

Runnings little lessons





Lesson number one. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do what you want to do. You can. You can do amazingly more than that actually. Don't even let yourself  tell you that you can't do it either, because you can. Commitment, dedication and never giving up are the key ingredients.

Today was my last 30k run on this marathon journey. It was long. It was surprisingly easy as my legs and body are getting used to climbing those high miles now. I have pulled up well. I threw myself in a cold bath, teeth chattering and all and then followed it with the best hot shower this world has every seen. Then I chucked on my skins and will be wearing them until I have to leave the house this afternoon. Im tired. Im beyond tired now, but it is all worth it. I know that I can do this and the little voice in my head weeks ago that was telling me that I can't can just go get lost.

Lesson number two. Not everyone will believe in you. Yes. It's true. There will be doubters. There will be people that are closest to you that won't believe in you, but believe in yourself. Thats all that matters.

Lesson number three. People will be jealous of your achievements. In the end you aren't doing it for them, and for me, I am not doing it for the glory or the pride. I try to stay humble and for my journey, I am doing it for me and me alone. I am trying to raise some funds, yes, but this is a personal goal for me and I don't really care if you can run faster, or slower and further than me. I don't look at you I look at me, my goal is simply that. Its mine.

Lesson number four. Enjoy it. The road is long, hard and sometimes exhilarating. In the end, do it because you enjoy it. I must admit marathon training has made me not enjoy running as much as I did as its 'all the time', but I do enjoy it, and in the end when I get to my goal you can guarantee there will be a huge smile on my face!

Nic xxxx

2 comments: