Saturday, May 11, 2013

Around these parts...


There has been alot of activity around these parts of late. The crispness of Autumn has finally arrived and the fire is on most nights. This has fostered my crochet addiction and many a night has been spent in front of the fire working up some pure delights for my cousins newborn twins. I am so happy with how they have turned out and for my first attempts at 'real clothing' I think I have done okay!.



The weather has also meant some home cooking is in order, mostly in the form of warming desserts for a cool evening. Often the hubby asks..."whats for dessert". This one is pear and berry crumble and it was as simple as tossing some pears and frozen berries in some sugar, topping with a few handfuls of mixed up self raising flour, brown sugar and muslei and some butter and cooking in the oven until browned on top. So good accompanied with some cold ice-cream and warm custard!!


There has been present wrapping and embellishment making.




And a new little guy called Austin has come into our home. Isn't he cute? I think so.....











This little delight is coming along and should be ready for me to reveal in the next few days. Watch this space!

2 comments: