Monday, May 21, 2012

Roasted Curried Pumpkin Soup


Today the kids are all home sick with colds. I plan on staying in my pjs all day and I have the fire on. It is gorgeous outside, and freezing inside our house. As usual. So I whipped up this yummy soup and I will be having it for lunch while I watch crappy TV and catch up on some crochet projects instead of being at work!

It only takes a handful of ingredients and has a great zap to it with the curry added in....simply divine.

Ingredients
1/4 pumpkin (any type)
Chicken stock
curry powder
1 onion
salt and pepper

Method

cut the pumpkin into chunks, drown with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast in a 180deg oven until cooked through and slightly browning....


When done, cut your onion and cook with olive oil in a pan until caramelised


Place the onion and roasted pumpkin in a large saucepan and fill with a few litres of water. Add a few chicken stock cubes and a good dose of curry powder, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 30 minutes.


When simmered, throw the lot into a food processor or a blender 


blend on high until smooth



Pour into a bowl and eat with crusty bread!



No comments:

Post a Comment