Friday, March 2, 2012

12 Months of blessing

So, today I came home from school drop off and I found a package on my doorstep. I opened it and it was a home made print sent to me from a friend that I haven't seen in a long long time...I was beyond stoked! It is rare around these parts that I get a gift for free and just because and I love it. My friend Rita has amazing talent. She is an artist and a mum..look out for great things from her here.


A few months back there was a little thing on Facebook about if you were one of the first five people to comment on the status I would make you a home made gift. Well I am yet to start on mine, but I commented on Rita's and hence the lovely gift in the mail.

The idea is to bless people. It's nice to get presents is it not?

SO, I had an idea. I am going to bless someone EVERY MONTH for a whole year with something home-made. Now, it can be food, craft, music, art, whatever and I will let you know when it is coming. All you have to do is comment to the 12 months of blessing post and I will choose the winner. All I ask is that when you receive your gift that you take a picture of it with you or wearing it, or where you put it and email it to me and I will post it on the blog.

If you have a blog or are on twitter or facebook, link up with me here and join in the fun.

I will do this on top of my 5 people already. The first post will be up this coming week so keep your eyes peeled!

Here is a little something hand-made that I made today for my daughters friends birthday tomorrow...I made it on my late Grandma's bernina that still works a treat....it is a little taste of something I enjoyed making.



Isn't she a beauty?! Her name is Matilda.

So are you in? If you are let me know!!

5 comments:

  1. oh wow she is gorgeous. did you make up the pattern as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your talents are so many & varied....of course i'm in!!! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her, she's so sweet! Just started following you btw..xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Spread the word! Let's bless some people!!

      Delete