Friday, December 30, 2011

A year drawing to an close...


2011 has been a great year. It has been a year full of new experiences for me and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. I remember this time last year, after an exhausting year, wondering what would be my year this year...what would I do, achieve, create, master. What would be the highlights that made me rise from my seat and want to keep plodding on in this life, and what would be those sad moments that had me want to retreat? What would my kids achieve and what would they embrace? what would the world offer them this year in all their innocence and desire to soak up all that is, for kids...What would happen to 'our family'...would we let go and move like we have spoken so often about...to a simpler place, or would we stay? Would Naomi learn to read and would she succeed in the classroom? would she make friends? would I survive it all?

This year has seen many things:

one Naomi starting kindergarten
one ME finally saying 'I can' and completing my teachers aide certificate III, I know, not my degree, but COMPLETED and in 4 months I tell you..! not 12!! (so proud of myself).
One ME Gaining casual employment for myself and for the first time in ten years working for someone and contributing to the family income
One Mark changing careers again 
One house being eaten by termites
said termites being treated
one dog called max winning my heart
one second family car, courtesy of mark's new job (everyone say 'amen to that one!')
One Jonah with hair that makes me think of John Lennon
half a bathroom due to said termites
one new laundry roof!
numerous new friends
a few old friends,
one best friend
one breakdown of friendship and the renewing of others
ten apples on my apple tree
zero oranges on my orange tree
one dead apple tree
hundreds of dollars on medical tests 
one new york ticket purchased
one novel read and finished...yes, one....
one tubal ligation
alot of running
quite a bit of praying
inspiration
contentment
and
joy



The year 2012 has a lot to live up to. This year has been a great year. I have learned so many lessons. How to love better, live better and not waste my life. I am blessed with the blood literally pumping through my veins every time I wake up in the morning. It is a blessing. That. I. Am. Here. A God-given gift. Not a right. I am thankful that I live to tell this tale. I am thankful for the lessons learned this year.  I know next year there will be a lot of changes. As I went on my walk tonight I felt a peace with this....normally I would be freaking all out with the thought of change...but I feel at peace. I want so much more for our life...more peace. more love. more joy. less 'stuff' and less 'neediness'. I know that God has great plans for our little family. I can't wait to walk this path called life, leaving my footprints behind to see what they are....and I can't wait to write all about them to you....


what lessons have you learned this year?

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have had a big year! Such an inspirational post! Gets me thinking about the changes i want to make this year and the things i want for my family. Thankyou. Love reading your blog xxxxxx Kristy xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kristy. I am so happy you read it! I hope you have a great year this year xx

    ReplyDelete