Monday, December 19, 2011

A remedy for a broken soul.....

I admit that I was having a horrible day...it was awful. I awoke in tears and I just couldn't shake them off. Not been my finest 24 hours. My cousin Wendy (God love her) called me at 9am. I was still in bed. Kids were supervising themselves and they hadn't even been fed. I just couldn't make it up. I burst into tears. She ALWAYS makes me feel better. She has the kindest heart and the best listening ear of anyone that I know. I love her so much. She is a godsend to me. "want to come over today?" were her words...this didn't even lend to a second of thought as i knew this would be the remedy to make my day better.

I got out of bed, gathered the troops, fed them something quick and we were off on the freeway seeking sustenance for the soul. She would provide.....


Her house is so welcoming and the minute you step into the deep green doorway you feel right at home...like you have lived there for years. There is an aroma of comfort and reassurance in the air and I immediately feel that over-whealming sense of sorrow that I struggled down the freeway with leave me...

"would you like a cuppa?"....would i EVER! and I will sit HERE.....taking in the comfort and grab hold of her listening ear...for I am about to poor out my heart.....



She listens and we talk and I feel so comforted. I am so blessed to have the family that I have. I don't know anyone else with an extended family so close as mine.....my cousin is as close as a best friend and I could tell her anything...it is magical.



then there is some sustenance for the stomach to be had....



such a wonderful meal prepared with love and warmth from the heart...thoroughly enjoyed by me today....


After the day we headed off back down the freeway...my heavy heart a little lighter with thankfulness of what I have..... we stopped by the dvd store and the kids picked a dvd each (Jonah's choice was gremlins...I couldn't resist but to let him get it...there would be no more tears this day..)

I chose one and am pairing it with the two that Wendy lent me to heal the soul....



And now I am enjoying this, in bed waiting for the movie to start....


So, its simple...the remedy for a broken soul is to race down the freeway, let your cousin feed your heart and your stomach and end it with a dvd rest and a coffee......

No comments:

Post a Comment